Do you remember how the TV show “Seinfeld” was a show about nothing? Well, this is a blog post about nothing. I just wrote a note and pasted it on my Facebook page called “25 Random Things” and so, since my mind continues to come up with more and more random things (I could hardly think of 25 at the time, but now I’ve got a million!), here is the continuation of my list. Only this time, I’m going to call it “25 Random Things I Wish I Had Put In My 25 Random Things List”. Catchy!
1. Today is an ice day. Church activities for the evening have been cancelled. And Brad is even working from home. So it’s a three-fer.
2. I think Samuel may actually be sleeping today during naptime. Hence, this lengthy blog post.
3. I’m freezing, and the temp is set to 70 degrees in here.
4. I’m almost up to 150 members of my mob in Mob Wars (Facebook game). Brad’s mom MOB is almost maxed out at 500.
5. We’re having the Riley’s over for dinner next weekend. I can’t remember how long it’s been since we saw them, but they’ve never met any of our kids.
6. I have some new pics to post, but there are a few that I can’t put up here. Like the one I took this morning of Samuel on the potty with his underwear on his head. Nice.
7. Matthew and Peter have started showering instead of bathing at night. That’s another picture I can’t post – Matthew dancing around in the shower like a total goon.
8. Peter has a front tooth beginning to appear (finally). He will be so glad not to be toothless anymore!
9. I took all 3 boys to get haircuts in the freezing rain yesterday.
10. Matthew LOVES preschool. And so far, the report on his behavior has been nothing but glowing.
11. My favorite thing about Matthew’s new preschool is the way they teach the fruits of the Spirit. Yesterday was a peach. He never remembers the actual thing they associated with the fruit, but he can usually tell me what kind of fruit it was.
12. M’s preschool is at an Episcopal church and the priest is Father something or other (I can never remember). When I asked Matthew his name yesterday, he said “Father Abraham!”. I said, “Is that really his name?” and Matthew said “Well, I don’t know, but we sang a song about Father Abraham today.”
13. The heater has finally kicked on and it feels soooooo good.
14. There is a rodent living in our attic and every morning, at 5:30am like clockwork, it begins digging around just above my head. And the pest control person can’t come until Monday.
15. I didn’t make the bed today and it’s driving me crazy.
16. I have a list of things I wanted to accomplish today but I haven’t done any of them yet. All I did was make Russian pancakes for breakfast and Aztec Quiche. There’s a joke in there somewhere.
Happy Ice Day, all!