Do you remember how the TV show “Seinfeld” was a show about nothing? Well, this is a blog post about nothing. I just wrote a note and pasted it on my Facebook page called “25 Random Things” and so, since my mind continues to come up with more and more random things (I could hardly think of 25 at the time, but now I’ve got a million!), here is the continuation of my list. Only this time, I’m going to call it “25 Random Things I Wish I Had Put In My 25 Random Things List”. Catchy!
1. Today is an ice day. Church activities for the evening have been cancelled. And Brad is even working from home. So it’s a three-fer.
2. I think Samuel may actually be sleeping today during naptime. Hence, this lengthy blog post.
3. I’m freezing, and the temp is set to 70 degrees in here.
4. I’m almost up to 150 members of my mob in Mob Wars (Facebook game). Brad’s mom MOB is almost maxed out at 500.
5. We’re having the Riley’s over for dinner next weekend. I can’t remember how long it’s been since we saw them, but they’ve never met any of our kids.
6. I have some new pics to post, but there are a few that I can’t put up here. Like the one I took this morning of Samuel on the potty with his underwear on his head. Nice.
7. Matthew and Peter have started showering instead of bathing at night. That’s another picture I can’t post – Matthew dancing around in the shower like a total goon.
8. Peter has a front tooth beginning to appear (finally). He will be so glad not to be toothless anymore!
9. I took all 3 boys to get haircuts in the freezing rain yesterday.
10. Matthew LOVES preschool. And so far, the report on his behavior has been nothing but glowing.
11. My favorite thing about Matthew’s new preschool is the way they teach the fruits of the Spirit. Yesterday was a peach. He never remembers the actual thing they associated with the fruit, but he can usually tell me what kind of fruit it was.
12. M’s preschool is at an Episcopal church and the priest is Father something or other (I can never remember). When I asked Matthew his name yesterday, he said “Father Abraham!”. I said, “Is that really his name?” and Matthew said “Well, I don’t know, but we sang a song about Father Abraham today.”
13. The heater has finally kicked on and it feels soooooo good.
14. There is a rodent living in our attic and every morning, at 5:30am like clockwork, it begins digging around just above my head. And the pest control person can’t come until Monday.
15. I didn’t make the bed today and it’s driving me crazy.
16. I have a list of things I wanted to accomplish today but I haven’t done any of them yet. All I did was make Russian pancakes for breakfast and Aztec Quiche. There’s a joke in there somewhere.
Happy Ice Day, all!
I love the sofa. I’ll come help carry the old one upstairs. I’m sure Samuel and I can get it done. He told me he was tough.
How did I get 500 on Facebook and be maxed out? I can’t even log on it. They won’t accept my (or Karen’s) password. We must be too old to log on. Is there an age limit? Not that I’m getting older!!!!!
If I skip work on a Tuesday, can I tag along with Mom and Sameul?
How come you noted “current” grandchildren on the Grandparent picture? Are we to ask questions? I’m sure you would tell us only on the day of delivery!!!! Maybe I should call Bethany.
Good catch! I meant to say MOB – Brad’s MOB is at 500. You can just make a new account for yourself on Facebook, or have them email you your password. The best way is to copy and paste it directly into the blank, then once you’re in, go and change it to something easy you can remember.
As for the current grandchildren, I said that as a courtesy to WILL and MEREDITH. Not meaning to imply anything here. We are DONE – more so every day.
After I “commented” last night, I tried to get on Facebook again. I found out my problem is that the first time I tried to register, my email address was with comcast. Now it is with verizon and they will not accept it. BUT I don’t know how this happened but two old boy friends from High School both contacted me today. They found me on Facebook. Just what I was looking for – old boyfriends. They are both married and each have 5 children Thank you God!! Now if only I can figure out how to get on again. I’ll have Lauren teach me.
Okay, is MOB an old girlfriend of Brad’s? I don’t understand all this lingo..
I am free of my sling, (Thank you Lord) for the most part. When my arm is tired, I’m to wear it about an hour at a time. I get to start driving tomorrow, but only short distances, that is so I don’t forget where I live!!! Not really, just as a precaution. I am healed 50% . Still not housework except for things like dusting or folding laundry (which I’ve been doing for 3 weeks) Vacuuming or cooking could tear the rotator cuff open again. Probably won’t be allowed that for a year. YEA….Poor Dad, he is worn out and needs a new menu! I have lots of exercises to do daily. In 5 weeks I will start therapy.
Oh, we love your new furniture. May I look for you another coffee table? I think you have gotten the $35. worth out of that one.
You can always put it in the theatre.
Love to you all, Janice