If you answered “Enjoy our hot mug of coffee on the drive to school, then come home and relax in the comfort of our home” you would be WRONG!  Because today, when we all piled in the car to go to school, the battery was dead.  Again.

Before you ask me “Again?  Is something wrong with your battery?  Is this a perpetual problem?” let me reassure you.  It’s not the battery – that battery rocks.  I left my lights on recently and when I started the car 15 minutes later, it never even hesitated.

But even rock star batteries have their limits.  In this case, the limit is named Samuel.

Yes, that’s right, my youngest son left the interior lights on in the car.  Again.  So we got to walk run all the way to school.  In 87% humidity – I just checked.

Also, today we are under a “Very High Pollen Alert”.  Which explains why I woke up with a raging headache this morning.

But in an effort to find the silver lining to this black cloud, I am grateful I have not yet showered today.  At least, I have not showered indoors.  In the words of Samuel, I’m fweaty.  Which is, in fact, the other silver lining – Samuel.  For all his mistakes, he’s still the cutest thing I’ve ever laid eyes on.  So I will forgive him.

This time.