This week, Brad traveled to Alabama yet again. I spent my week dealing with these scenarios, just to name a few:
* Matthew throwing a heavy plastic gun down the stairs and striking Samuel in the head.
* Matthew slamming so many doors, he has now cleaned every potty in the house as a consequence.
* Matthew locking his bathroom door.
* Samuel locking his bathroom door.
* Many searches for the one key our builder left us for unlocking the bathroom doors.
* Peter holding Matthew’s head underwater in the blow-up pool. (That was scary.)
* Samuel writing on the van with white sidewalk chalk. (Who knew sidewalk chalk would scratch the paint on a car?)
* Samuel writing on the tan wall with blue marker. (And not with a washable marker.)
* Samuel writing on the wall with sun screen. (Who knew sunscreen would leave a permanent mark on the paint?)
* Samuel biting me. And scratching me. And running away from me while screaming.
* Samuel stealing various toys from his brothers and hiding them in his room.
It goes on and on from there. Those are the ones I can remember at the moment, the highlights, if you will. Needless to say, I’m tired. My throat hurts from yelling and I am having to restrain myself from using a sarcastic tone when telling the boys they have, yet again, lost 2 hours of screen time for hitting, pushing, scratching or otherwise harming one of their brothers.
I keep looking at the calendar, but anyway you slice it, there’s still a lot of summer left.