(This blog post was originally published on another site just a week before we moved into our current home, February 23, 2008.)

I just have a minute but wanted to post a couple of updates this morning:

1. Brad arrived home last night, safe & sound, but very tired! He was a happy camper this morning when the boys all pounced on him to wake him up. He missed them (us) all very much.
2. Our builder called yesterday morning to tell me that we passed our final inspection and got our Certificate of Occupancy!!!! He later called back to tell me he was able to get our garage cleaned out so we can start moving boxes into the garage today! I’m headed over there with the boys as soon as I can get dressed.
3. Rates remained unchanged yesterday so we still haven’t locked. We’re holding our breath…

I’ll probably have more pictures to post tonight. Meanwhile, less than one week to moving day!!!

We spent yesterday packing, cleaning, and making trips to the new house with boxes. Brad thinks we got about 1/3 of the boxes from storage moved, plus a bunch from the house. So we’re making a little headway.

We made it to early service this morning. It was my first time in church in a while. I think it has been a month since I made it to a service, with all the illness in the family and Brad’s travel schedule. Now I get to stay home again this afternoon, as Samuel is sick. I am pretty sure it’s an ear infection again. In fact, we’re wondering if maybe the last one was never completely knocked out. Anyway, they said he slept for the entire 2 hours he was at church this morning. On the floor, no less!!! His temp when we got home was 101.6 and when I asked him which ear hurt, he consistently pointed to his left ear. He was complaining to me about that ear on the way to church, but I had no reason to think it was anything serious. Now I can legitimately take him to the doctor tomorrow. Brad’s sleeping, too, right now. By the time we were in the car, he had a splitting headache and chills. I am hoping he’s just exhausted and sleep will cure him. Anyway, now it’s my turn to try to catnap while the boys are quiet. I thought I might work on my computer, but I’m too tired.

As I look around here, I have to stop and reflect on what Brad said to me last night: Every day this week will be our last of that day in this house. So this is our last Sunday here. We’ve lived here since September of 1999 – almost nine years now. I think we were probably house hunting in Feb/Mar of ’99, then they started construction in May, I think – right at the end of the month. So much has happened since we moved here. This recliner I’m sitting in was purchased when I was pregnant with Peter, so I could rock the baby out here in the living room. I nursed all three boys sitting right here. I remember the day we brought Peter home from the hospital, to sleep in the bassinet by our bed. A lot has happened since we moved in here. A lot of water under the bridge, and a whole lot of memories. It’s weird to think that someone else will be living here, but I think I’m finally ready. I know I’m going to cry some (maybe a lot), but I’m ready to see what the next phase of our lives is going to bring. I know God has big plans for us. Maybe not so much for me and Brad, but for our boys. They are each amazing in their own way, so brilliant and intelligent, talented and creative – God must really have something great planned out for them. I am looking forward to watching God bring it about.

Now, because I literally cannot hold my eyes open another second, I’m going to stop waxing nostalgic and sign off. Please pray for us this week if God brings us to mind. We really just want our lives to bring God pleasure. Thanks.